Experts say that the 2019 and 2025, the global market size of blockchain will grow by 69%. Blockchain technology has become a hot topic within the tech realm. Many well-known companies and even small start-ups have adopted this technology.
Because of such reasons, the demand for blockchain developers has also increased. These developers can maintain and create decentralized digital databases to share and store information. But to become a blockchain developer, you must complete a Blockchain Bootcamp online.
It’s one of the fastest and easiest ways to gain knowledge, skills, and understanding of blockchain technology. Completing the Bootcamp will also help you get blockchain developer jobs without hassle.
What do Blockchain Developers do?
To become a blockchain developer, candidates must become an expert in blockchain technology. They can do so by taking up comprehensive blockchain courses or programs. As certified blockchain developers, they will be accountable for the architecture and security of the blockchain system. They are in charge of making the foundation where the software developers can create decentralized web apps.
These developers can also care for 3D content development, design, and modeling. But the responsibilities of the blockchain developers depend heavily on the project they’re working on.
However, here is the most common work they do:
- Implement and design the network architecture of the Blockchain
- Creating the back end based on the established protocols
- Formulating the blockchain protocols
- Monitor and develop smart contracts
- Coordinate QA and functionality testing of the solution
- Integrating the blockchain solution with various other solutions
- Developing the graphical interface based on customer needs.
Skills every Blockchain Developer should have
Blockchain protocols like Ethereum have over 220 active blockchain developers every month. These developers work hard to develop and manage the blockchain system. But every developer must have proper skills to handle all the blockchain-related work.
They are skilled and experienced in data structures, back-end development, and big codebases. These certified blockchain developers Ethereum, can also manage the consensus algorithms. These algorithms can ensure that the network participants get to agree with the blockchain’s state.
The algorithms allow the blockchains to be decentralized and function without any intermediaries. Regarding soft blockchain developer skills, problem-solving and analytical skills are important.
Possessing these skills makes these developers well-organized. But here are several other skills that every blockchain developer must possess:
- Having good knowledge of the blockchain technology
- Familiarity with programming languages, such as Golang, Solidity, Java, and C++
- Expert in handling APIs or Application Programming Interfaces
- Has good organizational skills
- Gives good attention to details
- Has strong collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills.
The demand for Blockchain Developers
The demand for blockchain developers has increased at a rate of 2000% to 6000%. Blockchain developers are paid 50% to 100% more when compared with software developers. As Numerous companies are catching up with all the start-ups, the trend will surely increase more in the future. Things will become very clear when you check out the statistics on the CCT blockchain developers. The statistics can provide information on how much these developers get to in a year.
How to become a Blockchain Developer?
The demand for all blockchain developers is high. But there is a lack of experienced professionals who can take up this role. Blockchain is a fast-evolving area; here, the scope of growth and innovation is massive.
Since the technology is relatively in its infancy, it leaves much room for innovation. This means individuals will get a lot of time to enhance their skills and transform into smart contract blockchain developers.
Because of the steep learning curve, prerequisites, and technology, no skilled experts are available. But to become a blockchain developer, you need to check out these points:
- Just like all the other fields within computer science, you can begin by learning programming languages. This includes Java, Python, MERN, C++, and many more. You also need to learn algorithms and structures to improve your problem-solving skills. Make sure to strengthen your programming and logical foundations as well.
- You need to gain knowledge of Blockchain’s foundation concepts. These concepts are cryptography and architecture.
- Next, you must learn to utilize all the primary offshore blockchain developer tools and programming languages. This contains optimizing and developing the consensus algorithms, writing smarting contracts, etc. Here, you will get to do some hands-on in the form of a blockchain developer.
- After mastering all the aspects of blockchain programming, you can proceed further to create decentralized applications. You will get two options here. First is mobile app development, and second is web development. This is treated as a different field containing a diverse range of frameworks and tools. All these frameworks and tools are utilized for implementing numerous features.
What are the Job Requirements for Blockchain Developers?
Individuals who have decided to apply for the stellar blockchain developers position need to fulfill the following job requirements for the role.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any other field within the Information Technology sector.
- Should have two years of experience as a Blockchain Developer
- Candidate should possess strong proficiency in algorithms and data structure in any one of the programming languages
- Must possess excellent high-order thinking and problem-solving skills
- Should be equipped with Interpersonal Skills
- Must have a strong foundation in Blockchain protocols and cryptography
- Candidate should have experience working with client-side and backend frameworks and tools
It’s important to have this experience and set of skills within your arsenal. This will help you proceed further in your journey as a certified blockchain developer.
Blockchain developers are in high demand in today’s market. Both small, medium-sized, and big businesses are looking for these developers. They have the skills, knowledge, and understanding to manage the blockchain system. Furthermore, these developers can also take care of all types of work within the blockchain realm.
As a blockchain developer, you will also come across multiple income streams, such as freelancing, salaried, bounty hunting programs, etc. To become a professional blockchain developer, one needs to learn the important concepts of blockchain. This is possible by enrolling in a good blockchain developer course.
The blockchain developing courses contain information about all the areas of the blockchain realm. You will develop important skills and gain crucial knowledge and understanding.